Natural Beauty Tricks
Most people take great pains to look and feel their most beautiful, using makeup, hair products, and, if they are smart, eye creams like Oxytokin.
But did you know that there are a lot of natural ways to look your best? Here are a few important tips to keep in mind:
Manage stress- Uncontrolled stress can make your skin sensitive and can trigger acne breakouts and other skin problems. Don’t overdo yourself, and start a stress free hobby or past time that helps to alleviate stress.
- Even when it’s cloudy. The number one cause of wrinkles is sun damage. If you don’t like the gooey feel of facial sunscreen, apply it with a sponge. Your lips have some of the thinnest skin on your body, so they need extra shielding. Use lip balm that has UV protection in it.
Get adequate rest and nutrition
- Sleep, healthy diet, and exercise are good for your overall health. If your body is healthy, your skin will be too. Also, make sure you are drinking enough water. Keeping your body properly hydrated helps to keep your skin hydrated and healthy.
Use clean makeup
- The average shelf life for cosmetics is 6 to 12 months. Replace sponges in your compact on a regular basis. Makeup brushes can also harbor a lot of dirt and bacteria. Wash your brushes to keep them clean and your face clean at the same time.
Know your skin type
- Not every skin care product suits everyone. Most actually have specific skin types that they cater to, knowing your own skin type will help you chose what products work best for you. Tingling, itching, dryness, and irritation are all signs that the products you are using aren’t right for you. If you are having trouble determining what products to use, consult a dermatologist.
- Don’t scrub or exfoliate too hard or too often. Don’t use harsh products, and don’t use too much of any skin product. Too much of a good thing can actually be a bad thing after all. When you do exfoliate, do it for longer, not harder.
Keep your skin moist
- Don’t let your skin get dry. Dryness is what causes your outer skin to break giving it a rough and unattractive appearance. Moisturizers actually work best when applied while the skin is still damp.
Do not use regular soap on your face
- Hand soap, bar soaps, and body washes are meant for your body not your face. They are often times too rough on the skin on your face.
Cleanse your skin regularly
- Keep dirt and other harsh elements off of your skin. Use luke warm water and gentle facial cleansers. Gently massage your face, don’t scrub it.
Don’t drink, don’t smoke
- More than one drink a day can cause increased oil production and also enlarge pores according to a Beverly Hills dermatologist, Susan Evans. Smoking causes premature aging and wrinkles.
Taking care of your skin is extremely important. Your skin is the largest organ in your body, and healthy skin is a sign that your entire body is healthy.
Even though these natural methods are extremely effective and important, it is also a great idea to use a powerful, soothing eye cream like Oxytokin to reverse the effects of aging and fatigue. Learn more about Oxytokin here!